There’s a saying that goes something along the lines of “Don’t regret the things you have done, but rather the things you haven’t done”…which while stupid, is somewhat meant to say that one has the chance to do something they haven’t done if they have the courage…but as for the things you have done…well, I guess they will stick with you the rest of your life.
I often say that if I had the chance to live my life again I wouldn’t do anything different…that’s true to a point, because it has in truth made me who I am today…plus given me a boat load of content for these blogs.
However, there are many moments I would choose to relive. Certain decisions I’d make differently. Perhaps even people I would chose not to let into my life…
So with that, I’d like to present to you 33 such moments in my life…and of course, these are as brutally honest as you’d expect.
They are in no particular order, but rather presented as they come to mind.
1. I should never have cancelled my trip to NYC in 2010 for the reasons I did.
2. I should never have left my job at Heat/FHM magazine.
3. I should never have sold my World Cup final tickets.
4. I would never have convinced my Grade 12 science teacher that she lost my project when in fact I never handed it in.
5. I should of tried harder to keep my friend Ray’s friendship even though she chose to stop being friends. I miss her tremendously.
6. I would of spoken to my friend Paula the day I saw her in the post office many many years ago, instead of thinking she probably didn’t wanna speak to me.
7. I would never bought an expensive birthday gift for a girl named Vicki.
8. I should never have believed people when they said they had big plans for me, and followed my own instinct instead.
9. I would never have made that 8k bet on Leeds United because I had nothing else to do with that money.
10. I would never have sold my Evil Dead 1&2 replica Book of the Dead dvd box sets.
11. I should of made it to Rory & Rox’s wedding despite my own family drama.
12. I should of gotten my health sorted out before my Medical Aid was cancelled.
13. I should of fought back against those two guys who hijacked me.
14. I should never have wished my brother lost a race…I never had to chance to say sorry.
15. I would have kissed Katherine that day behind the school building.
16. I would never have pursued a girl named Lori.
17. I would never have gone to THAT Christmas party.
18. I should have stuck it out and done that school play with Damien. I had zero self confidence and felt I let him down.
19. I should not have let that damn tattoo artist tattoo the Roman numeral “V” on my leg while he was sorting out his divorce over the phone.
20. I would have apologized to my friend Charis when I accidentally hit her in the face with my school bag instead of acting like “it wasn’t that bad, get over it”.
21. I wish I didn’t cry like a baby the night I was announce as Head Boy.
22. I would of never organized World Cup final tickets for the girl who used my trust as a stepping stone.
23. I should not have used my data bundle in December to download “albino porn”.
24. I should of made the effort to go to one of Simone’s reviews.
25. I should of asked Jamie Lee Curtis for a photo that day in New York.
26. I should never have shop lifted that marble from Clicks in 1989.
27. I should never have left my friend Len stranded while I sorted out my own drama.
28. I would have admitted I broke the bathroom tap at a family member’s house.
29. I should of joined a tennis club when I was younger.
30. I would never have let former colleagues get away with the way they spoke and/or treated me.
31. I should never have cut up my old wrestling magazine to get pictures for my scrapbook
32. I would never have ignored my cousin Michael while I tried to sort out my own problems, my word to him should of come first.
33. I should never have had that ham & jalapeno sandwich before I wrote this blog.
Well, that’s it, a regret for every year I’ve been alive…that’s some heavy baggage right there!